What is My Health Record?
My Health Record is an online summary of your key health information
When you have a My Health Record, your health information can be viewed securely online, from anywhere, at anytime; even if you move interstate.
You can access your health information from any computer or device that is connected to internet.
Whether you are visiting a GP for a check up, or in an emergency room following an accident and are unable to talk, healthcare providers involved in your health can access to important health information such as:
- medicines you are taking
- medical conditions you have been diagnosed with
- pathology test results like blood tests.
this can help you get the right treatment.
Apart from you, the only people who can view or access your My Health Record information are:
- Your healthcare providers (for example GPs, specialists or hospital staff)
- People you invite to help you manage your record (nominated representatives)
- People who manage your record for you if you are not able to (authorised representatives)